Born in the sprawling slums of Kibera, Nairobi (considered one of the largest slums in the world), he purposed to earnestly pursue his career in music.
Here is what you didn’t know about Octopizzo;
- He went to college in St Marys Changamwe College in Mombasa.
- Octopizzo currently has three albums namely “Chocolate City“, “LDPC” which took the Number 1 spot on iTunes on its first week of release and “Refugeenius” which he collaborated with over 20 Refugees from Kakuma & Dadaab Refugee camps. All these albums are available on iTunes, Tidal and Spotify.
- His mixtape ‘Struggles of Nairobi’ became the best selling mixtape in 2008 in Kenya’s hiphop history.
- Octopizzo is the owner of a fashion brand dubbed YGB( Young, Gifted and Black) WEAR selling caps and t-shirts.
- He has worked as an actor on MTV Shuga Season 2.
- He helped guide 50 Cent when he came visiting Kibera.
- He is a great philanthropist; helping HIV positive women live a better life by providing job opportunities for them in the rural areas.